Get Rid of Vidanta Timeshare
Table of Contents
- Vidanta Timeshare Rescission Policy
- Difference Between Timeshare Resale and Timeshare Exit
- Vidanta Timeshare Deedback Program
- Customer Review of Vidanta Timeshare
- Plausible Class Action Lawsuit Against Vidanta Timeshare
- The Dangers of Upfront Fees and Why Escrow Service Option is Important
- The Benefit of Cancelling Your Timeshare
Several high-end resorts on the Pacific coast of Mexico are part of the Vidanta timeshare network. Resorts in the Vidanta chain boast breathtaking natural settings and state-of-the-art facilities and services. Vidanta’s resorts provide live music and acrobatic shows that aim to showcase Mexican culture for a memorable evening of entertainment.
If you were charmed by the salesperson at one of Vidanta’s resorts and left with a timeshare that you now regret, we can provide information on the easiest way to cancel your Vidanta timeshare.
Vidanta Timeshare Rescission Policy
There are a variety of strategies one might employ to exit Vidanta timeshare, some of which are more successful than others. How you should go about selling your Vidanta timeshare depends on several things.
Within the first few weeks of ownership, you may be able to revoke your timeshare contract with Vidanta and receive a full refund. Timeshare rescission periods exist in almost all U.S. states and mandate that timeshare businesses provide a grace period during which new timeshare owners can return their ownership to the corporation without penalty. If you’ve owned your Timeshare for more than a few weeks, you can’t rescind your purchase because the rescission period varies by state and is never more than a few weeks.
Rescission of the contract is your greatest choice if you just bought a Vidanta timeshare. It is possible to get out of a timeshare contract within the rescission period, usually between three and fourteen days following the purchase. Most rescission periods in Mexico are only 3–5 days long, so you’ll need to move swiftly if this applies to you. Send a formal rescission letter detailing your decision to rescind,, and you’ll get a full refund.
Sometimes the letter has to be prepared in a certain manner, and you may need to include additional documents or information. We like to recommend ordering express or overnight mail. Moreover, we advise using USPS-certified mail. This will prove that you filed your request because the resort must confirm receipt.
There is no time to spend, so be sure to confirm any concerns or questions you may have concerning the procedure. Any payment made to the resort after canceling would void this choice.
Difference Between Timeshare Resale and Timeshare Exit
You might wonder what steps to take to sell your Vidanta Timeshare if you missed the rescission deadline. This is a fairly typical fallback for property owners who do not meet the rescission requirements. Most people try to unload their Vidanta timeshare by selling off individual weeks, while others try to unload the entire property.
While resale prices for some Vidanta timeshares tend to be acceptable. But a lot of them don’t, unfortunately. Timeshares are difficult to unload because no central marketplace exists to trade them. And there have been other allegations of fraudulent Timeshare selling attempts involving Vidanta properties. On the internet, several owners have complained about being inundated with calls and emails from resale companies offering to help unload their Timeshare. Many desperate owners have hired the same resale companies only to find that they have been conned out of their money.
Selling a Vidanta timeshare or any other type of Timeshare is not a simple process. Like any other path you take in the timeshare market, this one requires extreme caution on your part. As an alternative, Vidanta Timeshares are being sold for a dollar on websites like eBay and Craigslist.
Therefore, your right to rescind the contract does not apply to you. After reading this, the prospect of selling your Vidanta timeshare may have been dashed. So, now what do we do? In our opinion, having the appropriate people on your team is the best legally sound approach to get out of a timeshare contract with Vidanta Resorts. The best way to get out of a Vidanta timeshare is to use a timeshare exit business that works directly with timeshare attorneys.
You have now entered into a binding legal agreement, which in some cases may continue for the rest of your life. What could be better than engaging a group of timeshare specialists to pursue your case on your behalf aggressively? Experts in their field who are backed by a staff of competent timeshare lawyers.
An exit scam is still risky, even if the company claims to have legal partnerships. If someone wants to charge you upfront without a guarantee, you should stay away from them. The cancellation of timeshares is unfortunately also filled with fraud. Therefore, you can be rest assured that you will not fall victim to a timeshare exit scam because we like to recommend hiring only exit companies that need no upfront costs and provide an escrow payment alternative.
Vidanta Timeshare Deedback program
The deed-back program allows you to sell your timeshare interest back to the resort developer. Although a deed back technically does not result in monetary compensation, it may lead to lower mortgage and upkeep costs in the long run. Call Vidanta directly to see if they will work out a strategy with you to get out of your timeshare contract early if you are already past the timeshare cancellation period. While some timeshare businesses offer “buy-back” options for just this reason, the vast majority do not simply because doing so is not in their financial interest. However, trying is risk-free in this case.
You’d assume a resort builder of Grupo Vidanta’s size would have a “buy back” program. That does not happen to be the case, though. In case you were told by a salesperson that Vidanta would buy back your Timeshare, know that they are telling you a lie.
Many owners of Vidanta timeshares have complained online about being misled and tricked by the company after being promised a “Vidanta timeshare buy back” program. Suppose you don’t trust us; just Google “Vidanta timeshare scam” to see what other sites have to say about this scam. Many concerns focus on the length of the presentations, claiming that they can linger for hours and that the presenters will even kidnap you at the airport to bring you to their presentation.
Customer Review of Vidanta Timeshare
Several reviews speak to why people want to cancel Vidanta timeshares. The Consumer Affairs, Complaints Board, and TripAdvisor pages for the company all include several negative reviews, including the following:
From Complaints Board:
- “I filed a complaint with the Vidanta resorts as I fell by the pool and cracked my head open with the concussion. I have been trying for almost 1 year now to get the resort to pay me for a simple medical bill that totals less than $500, and they keep giving me a runaround and making excuses why they cannot pay me. This is very poor customer service, and I would be very careful.”
- “Vidanta resort is a scam!! Do not buy a timeshare! What stinks about their tactics is that they are good at what they do. We were told we would learn about an amusement park and do a 1-hour tour. Over 2 hours into the process, they did the simple switch to showing us a mock condo. At the airport, the gentleman swore up and down it “wasn’t a timeshare,” “all the condos were already bought,” and was just to see the “amusement park.” Our brains didn’t do the logical switch to “Hey, this isn’t what you told us you were going to show us.” We tried to leave on multiple times and they used their tactics to keep us there. We signed under duress and within the next 3 hours, realized the things we were told in the presentation were not the case. It was one of the worst 36 hours of my life. We ultimately were able to rescind our contract, but not after a very long process. We’ve been to “timeshare presentations” before, where they were very upfront that you were there for just that. The way they manipulated the situation to draw us in disgusted me. They lowered the price by 75%, trying to get us to keep our contract. Yes, we know what timeshare presentations are, we know people that enjoy their timeshares, we’ve been to presentations in the U.S…. but there was something different about this situation.”
From Consumer Affairs:
- “Don’t Buy here. The sales people are scammers! Even though I paid off my Timeshare the membership department will harass and they are rude if late with a payment. They forget this membership is optional. I already have the Timeshare. I will NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO VISIT OR BUY. Don’t even bother to visit or go somewhere else. Even when I told them that during Covid I lost my job they were very rude although my Timeshare is already paid off. So if you have no membership all the fees are triple the normal rate.”
Plausible Class Action Lawsuit Against Vidanta Timeshare
- TI Ltd. v. Chavez, Case No.: 3:19-cv-01830-WQH-KSC (S.D. Cal. Dec. 3, 2020) UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA.
- In March 2008, a class action lawsuit was filed against El Grupo Mayan Palace in California, accusing the company of defrauding American citizens out of “hundreds of millions of dollars” in Mayan Resorts timeshares through “high-pressure fraudulent sales tactics that are comparable to the worst tactics ever employed by used car salesmen in a Hollywood movie.”
The Dangers of Upfront Fees and Why Escrow Service Option is Important
We like to recommend that you stay away from businesses that require payment upfront. There is no guarantee that you will receive a refund if they are unsuccessful, even if they offer one. In addition, it doesn’t ensure that your timeshare exit company does a good job of helping you cancel your contract.
We like to recommend that anyone looking to work with a timeshare exit business do so only with those who provide escrow services. If a corporation takes your money upfront and then goes out of business without ever refunding it, they cannot offer a “100% money back promise.”
Since there is no need to pay a large sum of money upfront or worry about being scammed, canceling your Timeshare using an escrow service is a quick and easy option. If you use an escrow service, you won’t have to make any payments to the corporation until after the Timeshare has been transferred. The most reliable way is to work with a timeshare departure company that accepts payments through an escrow service. The timeshare owner and the exiting firm benefit from using an escrow service since it ensures that they will not pay the exit company in full until they have fulfilled their obligations and the Timeshare has been terminated.
The benefit of canceling your Timeshare
Get Rid of Hidden Fees
The timeshare firm has the right to issue liability invoices, also known as special assessment fees, for any sum. For instance, you might be liable for contributing to the cost of repairs if a natural disaster occurred at a resort.
They will also add a monthly or annual maintenance cost to your bill. These costs are in addition to the timeshare mortgage installments made each month. Additionally, you can be charged exorbitant interest rates if you borrowed money to buy the Timeshare. Leaving the Timeshare gives you relief from these costs.
A timeshare cancellation company will be the most convenient option for many timeshare owners who want to get out of Vidanta Timeshare. Utilizing their knowledge of the market, timeshare cancellation businesses help consumers with unwanted timeshares attain timeshare freedom legally and permanently.
Unfortunately, scammers have penetrated the timeshare cancellation industry and are using their false identities to solicit upfront payments from owners of phony timeshare relief services, only to vanish after receiving the money and fail to cancel the Timeshare. It would be best if you only cooperated with a timeshare exit company that offers an escrow payment option, in which case your money is held in escrow until the timeshare contract has been canceled, to protect yourself from falling for such a fraud.
If you’re looking to get rid of Vidanta timeshare, browse our list of trusted timeshare exit companies, give us a call at 619-354-2362, or submit a contact form or live chat on the right side of the page.
- Can Anyone Cancel Vidanta Timeshare?
- Can I walk away from Vidanta Timeshare?
You cannot simply leave a timeshare. This is because you frequently have to pay maintenance fees for as long as you possess them.
- Why is it Hard to Get Rid of a Timeshare?
The restricted number of available alternatives contributes to the difficulty of canceling your Timeshare. If the burden becomes too much, you might consider selling your Timeshare. Unfortunately, the buyers’ market is somewhat sparse. We like to recommend using a trustworthy timeshare exit company that also offers an escrow payment option.
Links to All Lawsuits
- TI Ltd. v. Chavez, Case No.: 3:19-cv-01830-WQH-KSC
- In March 2008, a class action lawsuit was filed against El Grupo Mayan Palace in California.