Get Out Of Wyndham Timeshare
Table of Contents
- Customer’s Review of Wyndham
- Timeshare Rescission Law
- Overview of Wyndham Timeshare Exit vs. Timeshare Resale
- Timeshare Developer Deedback Program
- Danger of High Upfront Payment and Why you should use Escrow
- Benefits of Cancelling Your Timeshare with Wyndham
- Plausible Class Action Lawsuit against Wyndham Timeshare
Having more than 7,100 properties in more than 100 countries, formerly known as Wyndham Worldwide corporation, it is one of the largest vacation ownership organizations in the world. Annually, almost 1 million Wyndham owners participate in the vacation exchange program.
Originally established in Dallas, Texas, the first Wyndham Hotel opened its doors in 1981. Michael Brown has served as President and CEO of the company since 2017. The corporation has developed several different timeshare brands throughout the years. Other brands on the list are:
- Wyndham’s Worldmark Resorts
- A Membership in the Club Wyndham
- An Upgrade to Club Wyndham
- Resorts by Wyndham: Holidays with a Twist
- Rentals by Wyndham
The Wyndham name has long been synonymous with excellence in the vacation ownership industry. Also, Geoffrey A. Ballotti assumed the role of President and Chief Executive Officer of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts in 2018. And in January of 2021, Wyndham made public their intention to purchase all 900 hotels operated by La Quinta Holdings Inc.
Customers’ Review of Wyndham Timeshare
You may desire to cancel Wyndham timeshare for a variety of reasons. Maybe you’re not taking as many vacation trips as you used to. Or perhaps you’re just not happy with Wyndham’s Vacation Ownership offering in general. Several of the most common criticisms are as follows:
- Unused points are lost every year.
- The yearly uptick in maintenance fees is typical.
- Using Wyndham Points for a vacation can end up costing more than if you booked it through a firm that doesn’t deal in timeshares.
- Owners of Wyndham timeshares have limited access to many popular vacation spots, but guests of other timeshare brands can often book accommodations at those same locations during the same times of the year.
You are not alone in your dissatisfaction with Wyndham timeshares; a quick online search for “Wyndham timeshare complaints” will bring up several critical comments posted on various websites.
From a summation of 117 user reviews, Consumer Affairs averaged a 1 out of 5-star rating.
With 119 reviews from customers, Trustpilot has given this business an aggregate rating of 1 out of 5 stars.
From Consumers Affairs:
- “I am writing to you to file a complaint against Worldmark and Worldmark by Wyndham. Originally I was an owner with Trendwest in 1994. I was invited to attend a presentation and was given a gift for attending the presentation with Worldmark/Wyndham in May 2009. With Wyndham, I wanted to find places I could go without it costing me an arm and a leg. When I travel, the sales reps always hit me up about attending a meeting that ended up just being another sales meeting. I upgraded in December 2013, November 2015, and January 2017. This so-called investment ended up costing me a ton of money.”
- “Do not I repeat not use New Orleans Wyndham. Please please if you’re in New Orleans do not I repeat do not use Wyndham. Do not use the people who promise you points to help with a stay who then ignore you after and don’t do it but waste 2 hours of your time when on holiday. Alyssa is one of the workers who I strongly suggest you avoid. It’s all a waste of time and they failed also to book us onto our excursion but took our money. It was so bad. Nobody even cared to help us as they had taken the money and made us do a 2 hour shares meeting after for promised gifts that did not happen. Please do not stop and listen to these people if you are in New Orleans you will only fall in their trap and loose valuable holiday time.”
If you’d like to exit Wyndham Timeshare, you are not alone.
Timeshare Rescission Law
You may want to exercise your right of rescission if you just bought a Wyndham timeshare. The Truth covers all timeshare purchasers in Lending Act’s rescission law (TILA).
The rescission period is when you can terminate your Wyndham timeshare without incurring fees and receiving a full refund. The rescindability of contracts varies by U.S. state. Depending on your timeshare location, the minimum required rescission period might be as little as three days and as long as fourteen days.
We like to recommend that you research the rescission legislation in the state where your timeshare is located if you are unsure about the length of your rescission period. In other instances, the rescission period will begin when you make your timeshare purchase. The cooling-off period begins on the date you receive the public offering statement.
A quick check of the rescission period could save you thousands of dollars if you decide early that a Wyndham timeshare purchase was not right for you and your family. You must provide a written cancellation letter to the resort if you wish to rescind the contract. To avoid any complications, we like to recommend investing in express shipping. The letter is best mailed overnight via certified or registered mail, so the timeshare developer must sign when they receive it. This prevents the timeshare developer from saying they never got the letter.
Paying a few extra dollars could later save you thousands more in cancellation fees!
Overview of Wyndham Timeshare Exit vs. Timeshare Resale
Selling a timeshare on the secondary market can be very challenging. Value is crucial when taking this approach, and it will be considerably more difficult to sell your timeshare if you discover that it isn’t worth much after studying. Even if you consider using a resale agent—which is how some timeshare owners successfully sell their units—likely it’s that you won’t find a qualified buyer (or one who is interested) unless you have a timeshare that is highly valued.
Browse online marketplaces like eBay or craigslist to find a Wyndham timeshare for sale. Many auctions have starting bids of only one dollar. Because of this, many timeshare owners are pleading with anyone who will listen to buy their timeshare. Who could hold that against them? The responsibilities of timeshare ownership can become onerous. The problem is that resale businesses, like sharks in the ocean, prey on the desperate.
Don’t pay any hefty up-front costs to a resale company if you plan on selling your timeshare. Those wary of falling for a timeshare resale scam should work with a company that asks for no upfront money. Any company that says they will “advertise” your timeshare for sale for a high up-front fee is very likely a scam.
On the other hand, timeshare exit can be a better choice; it entails that a third party contacts the timeshare developer on your behalf and takes steps to get you out of your contract. You’ll need to conduct some research before selecting this approach. When canceling a timeshare, there are several businesses out there that are essentially scam operations. Timeshare exit firms that deserve your trust will team up with attorneys to investigate your case for any potential misrepresentations or legal loopholes. It is not unusual for them to grill you with questions about the conversation and your treatment. The professionals know that the timeshare presentation is where most misrepresentations occur.
That’s why we like to recommend using escrow services, as they prevent you from having to pay any of the exit company’s fees upfront. Following these steps, you can avoid falling prey to a timeshare exit scam. And you insist that the exiting firm delivers on its service commitments.
Make sure to hire a timeshare exit provider with a strong field background and a proven track record of cancellations.
Timeshare Developer Deedback Program
As a timeshare owner, you have the “right” to take a vacation at a resort once a year or every other year, provided that you are also “right” to pay the resort’s annual maintenance fees. Deed-back provisions or programs may be available from the resort if you’re looking to offload your timeshare. You may be able to return your timeshare to the resort under a deed back clause or program. Until then, you’ll have to keep up with your mortgage payments and special assessment costs.
A deed back clause in a contract allows the owner to return the title to the resort under certain circumstances. If you are behind on your resort’s maintenance payments or still owe money on your mortgage, they may reject your deed. Since you are effectively just handing over the property, no monetary exchange is necessary. You will be required to give up any “equity” you may have in the property, but you will also be released from any further financial commitments. In some cases, the timeshare developer may ask for a fee to exit as well.
Danger of High Upfront Payment and Why You should use Escrow
There have been too many accounts of timeshare owners paying a resale or cancellation business up front to find out months later that the timeshare is still in their name and was never canceled or sold. Avoid being that person! Verify that your chosen firm doesn’t want hefty up-front payments.
When you use escrow, your money is held in a separate 3rd party account by a neutral party while the exit company carries out the timeshare cancellation process. To put it another way, if they fail to deliver the promised service, you can demand a refund from the separate 3rd party account without any hassle. Aside from providing peace of mind, this also gives the timeshare exit firm an incentive to cancel your timeshare membership.
Benefits of Canceling Your Timeshare with Wyndham
- Put an End to Paying Extra Maintenance Costs
The timeshare business has the right to send out liability bills, also known as special assessment fees, for any amount it sees fit. For instance, you might have to chip in for the cleanup and restoration expenditures if a natural disaster hits a resort.
Annual maintenance fees may be billed monthly or annually. These costs are in addition to the regular mortgage payments on a timeshare. In addition to the initial cost of the timeshare, you may be saddled with a large interest bill if you borrowed money to buy it. Cutting ties with the timeshare means stopping these costly outflows.
Plausible Class Action Lawsuits against Wyndham Timeshare
Take a look at the following if you want to learn more about each class action lawsuit:
- DuBose v. Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc., Civil Action No. 20-1118-CFC (D. Del. Jul. 26, 2021) United States district court for the district of Delaware.
- Vandeven v. Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc., 2:20-cv-00056 (M.D. Tenn. Nov. 29, 2021) United States district court for the district of Delaware.
Swift action is required to get rid of Wyndham timeshare. Timeshares can indeed become a hassle. Due to ongoing maintenance payments and monthly dues, timeshares can feel like a financial burden. And if you try to cancel, the resort will probably increase its push to purchase a more expensive timeshare upgrade.
Since not all timeshare exit companies can provide a successful cancellation, we have stressed the importance of putting everything in writing. Getting everything in writing is crucial to protecting yourself from timeshare scams. Many individuals fall for timeshare scams every year. We like to recommend using an escrow payment option provided by a trusted timeshare exit company to avoid any initial costs.
- How Long Do You Have to Get Out of Wyndham Timeshare?
You normally have 3-14 days from the date of purchase to legally cancel your resort timeshare. After the rescission period has ended, you’ll have a much harder time getting out.
- How Long Do You Have to Get Out of Wyndham Timeshare?
You can possibly return your timeshare to the resort for a refund if Wyndham decides to allow it. The resort may reclaim your timeshare if you have paid off your mortgage and are in good standing as an owner. Check the document you signed about a deedback provision. If the resort does not have a deedback program, using a timeshare exit provider offering an escrow payment option is your best bet for exiting your timeshare.
- Why Do People Cancel Wyndham Timeshare?
Unfortunately, many timeshare owners never get to enjoy their timeshares. Although timeshare buyers are usually excited about their purchase, they may not take advantage of it because resorts are regularly full, life gets in the way or their travel habits have changed.
Links to All Lawsuits
- DuBose v. Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.,
- Vandeven v. Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.,