Can I refinance a timeshare?
When your timeshare has no value, how do you find someone to refinance it? Just go to any online timeshare listing site, and chances are, you will see a week at your exact timeshare resort listed for 1 dollar. Look at eBay or Craigslist and you’ll see pages and pages of timeshares listed for 1 dollar with no bids. This is because the vast majority of timeshares simply have no value. So what do you do when you’re saddled with a $22,000 mortgage for example, financed through the developer at a 14 to 20% interest rate?
Timeshare Refinance options:
Whereas many traditional refinance options are unavailable to you because there is no equity in the timeshare, Timeshare Exit Team has several partnerships with local credit unions willing to work with our customers. Here are the top three categories that many of our customers fall into:
- HELOC – if you have equity in your home, a Home Equity Line Of Credit (HELOC) could be the best solution to reduce your interest rate by upwards of 70%.
- Reverse Mortgage – if you have equity in your home and are 62 1/2 + you may be qualified for a reverse mortgage, that could allow you to unlock the equity of your home without having to pay increased monthly mortgage payments. This can free up cash flow, while at the same time, allowing you a quicker exit.
- Unsecured Loan – though these tend to be a higher interest rate (8-12%), they still typically fall well under the interest rate you received from your timeshare, plus make you eligible for an expedited exit (if you choose to pursue that route). Timeshare Exit Team has partnered with the American Consumer Council (ACC) to bring several local credit unions to the table to help our customers trapped in bad timeshare loans.
When does it make sense to refinance a timeshare?
With these options in mind, it’s important to consider when refinancing makes sense and when it doesn’t.
- If you enjoy your timeshare, if it works for you, and if you truly have found a way to vacation cheaper with the timeshare, than without.
- If you have a government job or other vocation that requires you to maintain a minimal credit rating. If you were to foreclose on your timeshare, this could impact your employment.
- If you want to exit your timeshare, and want to expedite the process.
- If you need to free up monthly cash flow.
How do I sell my timeshare?
Before you list your timeshare, you need to know exactly what you have, and IF it has any value. We invite you to come meet with one of our consultants for a free consultation. We’ll evaluate exactly what your ownership situation is and what your best option is, including if your timeshare would be a good candidate for resale...Read More.
Can my family inherit my timeshare?
74% of timeshares have consumers in lifetime contracts, many of which have perpetuity commitments.1 While the issue of inheritance is a legal one for which you should seek legal counsel, Timeshare Exit Team understands that some timeshare interests might...Read More.
Can I refinance a timeshare?
Whereas many traditional refinance options are unavailable to you because there is no equity in the timeshare, Timeshare Exit Team has several partnerships with local credit unions willing to work with our customers...Read More.
Do I need a timeshare lawyer?
The majority of timeshare exits do not require a timeshare lawyer service; they can be done directly with the resort by means of a transfer. Timeshare Exit Team works with more B2B exclusive timeshare transfer companies than any exit company in the country.
How much do Timeshare Exit Team’s services cost?
Every timeshare ownership is unique. In fact, even two ownerships at the same resort can be different. Because of this...Read More.
Will I get back the money I paid for my timeshare?
Through years of facilitating timeshare exits, we have seen that it is incredibly rare for a consumer to recover any timeshare fees or payments. If your goal is to recoup...Read More.
How do you get me out of my timeshare?
Unfortunately, the timeshare exit industry is a completely unregulated marketplace, making it difficult for consumers to find a way out. Many exit options are...Read More.
Does your service involve selling me timeshare upgrades?
No, Timeshare Exit Team does not sell timeshares or upgrades. Our purpose is to...Read More.
What are the terms for your 100% money-back guarantee?
Every customer that commits to using Timeshare Exit Team’s services receives a commitment from us in return. While the customer is ...Read More.
Will I be working with Timeshare Exit Team or ReedHein & Associates?
ReedHein & Associates LLC is the legal entity that was formed by Brandon Reed and his business partner when...Read More.
What if there are no Timeshare Exit Team office locations in my area?
In addition to our in-person consultations, we also offer online consultations that you can...Read More.
What happens if Timeshare Exit Team is unsuccessful at exiting me from my timeshare?
Timeshare Exit Team guarantees that we will find a way to get you out of your timeshare or will...Read More.
Is Timeshare Exit Team a law firm?
Timeshare Exit Team by Reed Hein & Associates, is not a law firm, and Timeshare Exit Team does not provide...Read More.